Another year to recognize the achievers at CHT Awards & Ball 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (JUNE 2011. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
The CHT Awards & Ball 2011 – PasoDoble turned out to be an unforgettable night for all the awards recipients and invited guests. Organised by CHT Network, this annual event which had initially been held in Penang was taking place in the heart of Kuala Lumpur for the second year in a row, following the tremendous success of 2010’s event. The CHT Awards & Ball was inaugurated to acknowledge individuals and organizations that have excelled in their respective industries and have contributed to society.
With the theme ‘PasoDoble – Men in Black, Women in Red’, the grand ballroom of InterContinental Kuala Lumpur was transformed on 11 June 2011 to become a glamorous and tasteful setting for this special affair. Over 300 invited guests including local and international dignitaries, celebrities, and socialites attended this glitzy and glamourous event, with some who even traveled from Singapore and Penang. The guest of honour for the event was YAM Tengku Puteri Seri Kemala Pahang, Tengku Hajjah Aishah Binti Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah. Other prominent figures who graced the event included the veteran actress Madam Lai Meng, General Manager of Thai Airways Suttichoke Rodleechit, international shoe maker Dato’ Lewre Lew of Lewre, and many more.
A total of 10 awards were presented during the night to all the deserving winners. The winners included Tan Sri Dato’ (Dr) Ramon Navaratnam, Dato’ Barkath Ali bin Abu Backer, Dato’ Sri Dr Ng Yen Yen, YABhg Toh Puan Dato’ Seri Hajjah Dr Aishah Ong, the late Dato’ Rolf W. Schnyder, Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Robaayah Zambahari, Prof. Dato’ Wira Dr Mohd Shukri Ab Yajid, Chung Chen Sun, Dato’ Khadijah Ibrahim and Patrick Teoh. The winners were all awarded with a pewter trophy that is modeled on an eagle to symbolize the soaring quest for achievement and the attainment of greater heights, a certificate and Fujifilm camera.
The founder of CHT Network Ch’ng Huck Theng said in his speech that ‘The award is not necessarily for the rich and famous or for people with high status. Most importantly, the recipients should have passion, caliber and have gone the distance. The awards are not for sale.’ Throughout the night, in between the sumptuous five-course dinner and award presentations, guests were entertained by two exclusive fashion shows by the premier evening dress retailer Just’s Wardrobe, a mesmerising drama by Noise Performance House, plus electrifying performances by local artistes Dato’ Khadijah Ibrahim, Ocean Teh and Gina. There was also a Best Dressed Category for the night and five lucky ladies were selected for the award. They were each presented with Just’s Wardrobe’s cash voucher that was worth RM1,000.
‘I’m really pleased with our annual event in KL this year. And with the great response that we’ve been receiving tonight, we will be looking forward to our CHT Awards & Ball next year, which will be our fifth anniversary,’ shared Ch’ng. This event was proudly sponsored and supported by Fujifilm, Thai Airways International, Rado, Tan Chong Motors, Just’s Wardrobe, Ghee Hiang, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, Carlsberg, and Kollektion.
1. CHT Lifetime Achievement Award 2011 – Tan Sri Dato’ (Dr) Ramon Navaratnam (Renowned Economist & Author) 2. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Business) Award 2011 – Dato’ Barkath Ali bin Abu Backer (CEO, Barkath Group) 3. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Tourism) Award 2011 – Dato’ Sri Dr Ng Yen Yen (Minister of Tourism Malaysia) 4. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Philanthropist) Award 2011 – YABhg Toh Puan Dato’ Seri Hajjah Dr Aishah Ong 5. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Outstanding Expat) Award 2011 – The Late Dato’ Rolf W. Schnyder (President & CEO, Ulysse Nardin) 6. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Medical) Award 2011 – Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Robaayah Zambahari (Managing Director/CEO, Institut Jantung Negara) 7. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Education) Award 2011 – Prof. Dato’ Wira Dr Mohd Shukri Ab Yajid Kamil (Founder and President, Management & Science University and PTPL Group of Colleges) 8. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Art) Award 2011 – Chung Chen Sun (Artist and Founder, Malaysian Institute of Art) 9. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Female Artist) Award 2011 – Dato’ Khadijah Ibrahim (Singer) 10. CHT Pursuit of Excellence (Male Artist) Award 2011 – Patrick Teoh (Actor)
“My wife and I must compliment and congratulate you and your team for the delivery of a wonderful night of the CHT Awards & Ball. The performances and fashion were very entertaining. Those with high expectation of networking would find it a very fruitful night.”, by Dato’ Dr. Ang Bon Beng
“Thank you so much for the privilege and honour of being a recipient of the CHT Award. I am indeed humbled by this singular honour and would like to record my grateful thanks to you and members of the CHT Awards selection board. I shall always treasure the memory of last night’s event.”, by Patrick Teoh
For more information, please contact: Christine/ Yasmin
No comments yet.
| Next »
- “Fundamentals” of Venice Architecture Biennale
- SALAM London at Malaysia Night 2013
- Apples sold out in half an hour!
- mRED Launch by MAXXIS Official Distributor in Malaysia
- 33 Auction sale raises S$ 2m
- Movers and shakers of Penang tourism industry 2012
- “MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS”
- Another year to recognize the achievers at CHT Awards & Ball 2011